What is Revision Rhinoplasty? (Corrective Nasal Surgery)
Revision rhinoplasty, also known as corrective nasal surgery, is performed to correct the unfavorable outcomes of a previous nose job.
According to some, revision rhinoplasty refers to the following operation(s) performed by the same surgeon to correct the undesirable results of the first operation, whereas secondary rhinoplasty refers to corrective operations performed by other surgeons.
Secondary Rhinoplasty, on the other hand, is commonly referred to as corrective nasal cosmetic surgery performed for the second or more times, regardless of who performed the first operation.
Patients seeking revision or secondary rhinoplasty in Turkey put plastic surgeons’ skills and experience to the test.
Revision rhinoplasty is performed on any patient who has previously undergone primary rhinoplasty one or more times and wishes to improve nasal appearance and breathing functions.
Revision Nose Surgery steps.
First of all, it is necessary to be examined by a plastic surgeon. This inspection needs to be detailed. Every need, requirement, and surgical option you might have should be discussed with Dr. Hasan during this inspection.
- Revision rhinoplasty surgeries are performed with general anesthesia.
- The nose is reshaped by repositioning and repositioning the cartilage in the nose.
- Since almost all of the cartilage in the nose is used in the first nose surgeries, revision nose tip surgery is performed by removing cartilage from the ear in revision surgeries.
- For the use of bone or cartilage for the nose, it is recommended to be taken from the person’s own body.
- Cartilage taken from the bones of another person may cause an allergic reaction in the patient.
- The duration of revision nose tip surgery may be different depending on the structure and condition of the nose.
After Revision Rhinoplasty
These are some of the tips we recommend our clients do after their surgery is complete:
- A splint or plaster can be used to protect and properly heal the nose. Sometimes soft inner splints or special self-melting pads can be placed inside the nose.
- Fixed positioning of the nose is required for approximately 24 to 48 hours after the revision of nasal tip surgery.
- Raising the head at chest level while lying down or resting reduces bleeding and swelling.
- Small gauze pads placed in your nostrils can block any runny nose. After the surgery, nurses should explain to the patient how these pads should be changed.
- The occurrence of bruises on the eyes and eyelids after revision nose tip surgeries is considered normal by plastic surgeons.
- All swellings and bruises heal within 7 days. Ice compresses can help reduce swelling and bruising.
When Should Revision Surgery Be Performed?
Whether or not a revision nose surgery is needed immediately after the first rhinoplasty is not clear in the first 1 to 3 months because the swelling in the nose continues. A very obvious asymmetry etc. If there is, revision nose surgery can be applied in the early period.
It is useful to wait at least 6 months, ideally, 1 year, to decide on the revision surgery and to determine the scope of the surgery. However, there are some exceptional cases.
Immediately after the initial rhinoplasty, noticeable defects can be corrected in the early period, preferably by the same surgeon, or by surgery.
Again, in cases where the nose is too small, revision can be made in the early period without the development of adhesions and tight connective tissue.
There might be an option to go for a non-surgical rhinoplasty if the conditions allow it.
Is Revision Nose Surgery Appropriate for Me?
The factors before having a revision nose surgery can be listed as follows;
- Patients who have had one or more revision rhinoplasty operations before and still have aesthetic concerns or functional problems in the nose.
- The patient must have healthy facial tissue and muscle structure,
- The patient should not have any health problems that prevent surgery.
- In terms of patient health, it is necessary to give accurate information about the health status of the plastic surgeon during the examination.
- Information about diseases related to thyroid disorders, diabetes, high blood pressure, and blood circulation should be shared with the doctor.
- Alcohol and tobacco products should not be consumed.
Know More About Revision Rhinoplasty with Dr. Hasan
The price you pay shouldn’t be a burden on your finances. Dr. Hasan will assure affordable and professional cosmetic services for all of your aesthetic needs.
Our customer service team in Turkey is happy to answer any questions you might have about the procedure. Feel free to contact us by Email, Phone number, or write to us on our Contact Us page.