Your surgery day:
The hour you should be at the hospital:
It is forbidden to take liquid and solid food, including water, after 12 pm the night before the surgery. ( İt is essential 8 hours hunger for a surgery under general anestesia . İf your surgery is in the afternoon then you can eat everything 8 hours before time of your surgery.After this time you will not eat and drink anything except water . You can drink water untill 4 hours before surgery )
Our surgeries are performed private hospital which has intensive care units .
- Before the surgery, your medical health screening and surgical analyzes should be done by the anesthesiologist.
Severe febrile sicknesses before the surgery are obstacles to the surgery.
- If there are drugs you use, you should tell your doctor during the examination. In the examination of the anesthesiologist, you should inform the anesthesiologist about your complete medications. If you write down your medications in a notebook, you eliminate the possibility of forgetting them. You should not consume blood thinners and food. You should stop using blood thinners such as aspirin te days before your surgery. Herbal teas, although it rarely happens, can increase bleeding. Therefore, you should not drink herbal teas one week before your surgery.
- Women’s menstrual periods, use of birth control pills are not a medical obstacle to the surgery. Your doctor will make a decision based on your anesthesia test results.
- You must quit smoking before the operation. Smoking impedes the healing process. Do not use pain relievers without consulting your doctor. We recommend that you go to bed early by taking a warm shower right before the evening of the surgery.
- It is necessary to have a companion with you on the day of the operation; We recommend that you always choose a companion who has a positive outlook on life.
- Make-up and nail polish should not be applied.
- Hair spray and gel should not be used.
- The operating room is in hygienic conditions. Therefore, you will be dressed in an operating room gown before entering the operation. Apron is important in terms of hygiene.
- If you had a nose surgery before, you should definitely tell us about it.
- Many patients do not feel pain. Post-operative pain is usually absent. Painkillers are given to people who feel pain. After the surgery, you will have nasal congestion for few days since you had a surgery on your nose. As you breathe through your mouth due to this congestion, your throat will be dry. For example, when we catch a cold or flu, your nose becomes blocked and our throat becomes dry and sore. You will experience a dry throat after the surgery. We recommend that you consume plenty of liquid foods so that your throat dryness does not bother you.
- The operation is terminated at the end of an operation period of approximately three hours. This period may be extended.
- Shaking and coldness is normal just first 30 minutes after surgery . Many patients do not remember this period of shaking .
- The operation is performed under general anesthesia; The patient does not feel any pain during the operation and does not wake up in the middle of the operation.
- If the patient feels well, he can go home 5 hours after the operation.
- Nausea may occur, this complaint completely disappears in about six to eight hours.
- The second day of the operation is the time when the swelling of your face increases the most, so continue to apply ice and use a high pillow. It is unnecessary to use a high pillow and apply ice four days after your surgery.
- There is a slight bloody discharge from the nose for about two days, facial swelling for three days and slight bruising for a week are observed.
- As long as you use the medicines that we give you regularly, you will spend the post-operative period quite comfortably.
- The silicone pad inside the nose is painlessly removed in the office after about three days.
- The cast on the outside of the nose is removed one week later and a new bandage is applied to reduce the swelling outside the nose. These bands are also removed on the tenth day after the surgery. Your nose will still be swollen after the bandages are removed; this swelling decreases considerably after about two weeks.
- All sutures inside and outside the nose dissolve on their own. There is no painful stitch removal process.
- You can return to your normal daily activities after three days, start to work after ten days, and to do light sports after fourteen days.
After the surgery, swelling occurs as a result of edema around your nose. These swellings decrease in the first six months. It completely disappears in the sixth and twelfth months. These swellings can be noticed by your relatives, yourself, your doctor and people who have had nose surgery. But many people do not realize that your nose is swollen.
Like every surgery, nose surgeries also have a patient consent form. The consent form is an information form in which the oral information given by your doctor in detail about your surgery during the examination and during the examination by your anesthesiologist is explained in written form. This form is signed by the people who will be operated before each operation. It is valid for every hospital and every doctor.
Medicines you will use after surgery:
1- Sef 1gr 14 tablets D1B(one) S:2×1 (please tell your doctor if you are allergic to penicillin)
2- Allerset tablets D1B(one) S:3×1
3- Arveles tablet D1B(one) S:2×1
4- Iliadin nasal spray D1B(one) S:2×1 (7 days)
5- Abfen sinüs rinse kit S:5×1
6- Arnica cream D:1B S:3×1