Facelift surgery can be applied to all patients over the age of 40, regardless of gender. In some cases, it can also be applied to the patients younger than 40 years of age. There are application techniques of face lift surgery. These techniques can be determined by the doctor and the patient according to the patient’s age, gender and facial sagging. We have compiled for you what you need to know about face lift surgery.
How Much Does a Face Lift Surgery (Rhytidectomy) Cost?
The cost of facelift surgery varies from hospital to hospital. The hospital that the patient chooses directly affects the price of the surgery. The cost of the operation varies according to how much the face will be stretched and which applications will be applied together with the face lift operation. If you are considering a facelift surgery, you should definitely talk to your doctor.
How is Face Lift (Rhytidectomy) Surgery Performed?
The surgical techniques and additional procedures to be preferred during facelift surgery may differ according to the patient’s age, skin structure, degree of aging and the position of the facial bones. Facelift surgery is performed as follows;
During the facelift operation, incisions are usually made starting from the hairline, continuing behind the ear and ending in the lower part of the head.
Subcutaneous tissues and muscles are tightened.
During this operation, it is aimed to repair the sagging in the deep subcutaneous tissues, and then the excess skin is removed and the incisions are closed.
If the patient has too much sagging in the neck, an additional incision may be needed under the chin.
· If the patient has problems such as fat accumulation under the chin, sagging skin and loosening of the neck skin, neck lift operations and face lift operations can be applied at the same time.
What is the Recovery Process of Face Lift (Rhytidectomy) Surgery?
If the facelift surgery is performed in accordance with the needs of the patient, good results can be obtained from the facelift surgery. In some cases, a second correction operation may be needed. From the 2nd day after the operation, the patient can stand up and do his/her daily tasks.
The patient can return to work and put on make-up after the swelling subsides 7 days after the operation. The patient should be protected from heavy exercises and excessive sunlight for the first two months after the surgery, and his face should be protected against external impacts. The newly formed shape of the face and neck skin lasts for 5-10 years, sometimes for a lifetime, depending on the patient’s structure and environmental conditions.
Is Face Lift (Rhytidectomy) the Right Surgery for Me?
Facelift surgery can be applied to patients with the following traits;
It can be applied to women and men who have wrinkle and sagging problems in the face and neck area.
Face lift surgery is generally applied to patients over 40 years of age. However, in some cases, these surgeries can also be applied to younger patients.
What Are the Possible Risks of Face Lift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)?
Facelift surgery can cause some complications. While some complications are mild, some complications may require medical attention. The risks of facelift surgery can be listed as follows;
• Hematoma; The most common complication of facelift surgery is swelling of the face. Swelling under the skin and blood collection due to pressure may occur. If this condition occurs within 24 hours after surgery, this can be corrected with surgery to avoid damaging other tissues.
• Scar; The sutures which are created in facelift surgery can cause scarring. However, these incisions remain on the face and ear lines or open through the hair so that an unaesthetic appearance does not appear.
• Injury of Nerves; Although it is rare, in some cases, there may be temporary damage to the nerves that control sensation and muscles. This situation is sometimes permanent, sometimes it can be temporary. Temporary paralysis or temporary loss of sensation resulting in nerve damage can last from a few months to a year.
• Hair Loss; Temporary or permanent hair loss may occur in the incision areas. Permanent hair loss can be resolved with hair follicle and scalp transplant.
• Loss of Skin Tissue; In rare cases, blood flow may be interrupted after this operation. This can cause skin loss.